In order to promote young academics in the field of future-oriented research, the Netzwerk Zukunftsforschung awards outstanding master’s theses once a year.
Conditions of participation for 2023
Master’s theses from all disciplines, especially futurology, will be considered, provided they deal with a question or problem explicitly related to the future and address it scientifically. The theses must have already been reviewed and evaluated with an overall grade of 1.7 or better. The peer review must not have taken place more than 2 years ago. Papers may be submitted on an ongoing basis. Deadline for the current contest was May 15, 2023.
The master’s thesis should be written in German and assessed at a university in a German-speaking country. Exceptions are possible in justified cases, e.g. if a thesis was submitted to a university in a German-speaking country but in English language.
The evaluation and selection of the winner will be carried out by several members of the Netzwerk Zukunftsforschung. Only master theses submitted to the Netzwerk Zukunftsforschung for this purpose can be considered.
The postal mail must contain:
- an abstract of the work and justification for the submission;
- a brief curriculum vitae of the author;
- a copy of the transcript showing the grade of the master’s thesis;
- one printed copy (simple stapling or binding is sufficient) to the postal address (see below);
- the aforementioned documents stored in electronic form on an appropriate data carrier, i.e. CD/DVD/USB stick…
The call for entries for the 2023 Young Talent Award can be downloaded as a pdf document here.